Saturday, April 30, 2011

Postcard Tag Sample


I'm going to be hosting a postcard tag at Collage Stuff pretty soon. I like to have a sample to show the prospective participants, so that's what I did tonight. Several styles of the postcard tags are available at Collage Stuff.


I've been wanting to try out the new Distress Stains (20% off at Collage Stuff), so I used Peeled Paint on this tag. It was way darker than I wanted, so I took the tag and held it under running tap water in the sink. I blotted it and dried it with my heat gun. I like the end result. It's sort of batik or watercolor looking. The woman is from the Collage Stuff Imogen Baldwin Collage Sheet. The flowers were cut out of scrapbook paper. I used vintage sheet music. The little butterfly is torn from a vintage dictionary page. I used Tim Holtz tissue tape available at Collage Stuff. After I got everything glued down, I covered with entire tag with Instant Age Varnish - two coats. It gave the tag a very nice uneven aged look. After the varnish was dry, I sprayed a Krylon Matte Clear Coat. The varnish is kind of glossy and I wanted a nice matte finish. I did like the Distress Stain, but it seemed really dark to me. I found it handy to edge the torn edges of paper and I used it to edge the entire tag. Collage Stuff Yahoo Group Members, stay tuned for this swap!

No comments:

Post a Comment